Sunday, July 27, 2008

WHAT A BLESSING!!!!!!!!!!!

Past Video - NEW POSTING
,
This was originally posted July 7, 2008 and is being reposted July 27, 2008.

~ NO CAMERA!!! Bummer. Tonight was fantastic! You know I just couldn't think of a name for this blog and was struggling with it as I was creating this site in April. So in a quick get it done moment I just thought well what is it - it is Summers of Blessings. So Summer Blessings it was and now I'm so glad I did that because They truly are that!!!!

We went out and I was not sure what to do. Should I teach the lesson that I had prepared last week and then just did not feel well enough to teach all week. I shot up a prayer as we were driving and testimony came to mind! So I thought I'd share mine with them briefly to help them open up to share theirs. One never knows if children will open up and share or if they will all get shy. Well, tonight they were OPEN and it was beautiful and made me want to cry! I shared how I prayed and told Jesus that I wanted to do whatever He wanted me to when I was 13 and my life changed! We talked about how God answers prayers. The hands went up - one story after another. All the children were sharing and they understood what I was talking about. Praise be to the God who give us His Spirit who works in hearts and minds and souls! First one girl shared about how her grandmother was going into the hospital when she was 10. She said she felt the Lord tell her to pray and she did. She said it was the first time she remembered praying and she felt Him in her life. This little girl does not come from a churched family! Then another little girl shared about when her uncle, aunt and their little baby were in a motorcycle accident. YES all three of them on a motorcycle! Geovanny kept saying you mean a car not a motorcycle and finally she explained to him in Spanish - "it was a motorcycle Geovanny, (uncle) had to go pick up (his wife) and the baby from work because her car was broken!" But her "testimony" was that they all prayed when aunt and uncle were in the hospital. The baby had NO injuries, the aunt came out of surgery well and the uncle had to have his lower leg aputated but other than that horrible part the rest was very good - considering they were on a motorcycle that is super! Then came the story of one little boy's grandfather. He was sleeping and two young African Americans came banging on the door. He came out with a machete and they shot him twice in the gut! He is fine now. When he was in the hospital, he told them all they all needed to pray! According to them, not me, these were their testimonies of how they knew the Lord. We then talked about what it meant to a have a real friendship with the Lord, praying/talking with Him, wanting to be with Him, doing things with/for Him. They were all in the conversation with me. It was really exciting for me!

Then it was toy time which we have not had in a while and since the season is coming to a close I just took a bunch of boxes (from Barbara : ) ), put them out on the ground and said, "Take whatever you want just share!" They did! NO fights, no complaints, no saying that kid took what they wanted etc.... Some only took a hug full others took a box full. But everyone seemed to go away very happy! I just want to say publicly how very grateful I am for these wonderful Summer Blessings that the Lord has given me the privilege to experience, when I know I don't deserve them. What joy to share the truth of Jesus!!!!!

4 comments:

NeverAlone said...

Hi, Paulette!
I got your sweet message. How could you think you need to apologize when you have been doing such a sweet work for the Lord? How would I ever protest that coming first? You are wonderful. If I were nearby I would be so attracted to coming and helping you. As it is, I have been busy too, painting at our church and whatnot. Seems life has been full-steam ahead! But yours is better, having to do with souls directed to God. So good, God is great, and you are such an encouragement!

Peggy said...

Bless you Paulette...summer and year round! How awesome that was...and that you listened and followed the keading of your heart to share Tesimony, which led to prayers being answered and such openness and giving! It's too bad that you didn't have your camera since you are finishing??? WOW...that season sure is dhort and then they move on...with Your Summer Blessings!!! Love the photos you have already...God was so good! Bless Barbara Lord fo her provision of special prizes! Bless each one of these young ones as they grow closer to you! Pour great abundance on Paulette and thesemigrant families that share aportion of Summer Blessings!
Praise You Lord!!! God bless my sweet sister and Jack and their time and heart for this ministry!

Peggy said...

Hi Paulette, my friend...

Stop by when you have a chance. I've left you an award...

Come and be blessed for all the blessings you give!

Peggy

Kimberly said...

Hi!
I am so sorry you were sick, but I am glad you have been well enough to go back out to the camps. It sounds like a wonderful time so far. Your heart for others, especially for the lost to come to the Lord, is always a blessing. I will be praying that you can stay healthy!

Love,
K :)

THE STORY "How It All Began"

 *Photobucket *                                         * Photobucket*  Here is the story of how it first started. This was written a few years ago for a mission fair at JIPC. Since it was already written there really is no reason to re-do it : ). Jack was not in the picture then so he is not included in this story, but his entrance onto the scene is a story for another time : ). The following is the text from years ago:


In the summer of 1987, I went out with Stono Baptist Church to Jenkin’s camp. There were a guy and girl taking out groups from the Charleston Baptist Association. Immediately, my heart jumped inside when I saw the little children and their excitement to learn. By the end of the time, I saw that not much was made of the wide door of opportunity and was sad. But my prayer then was that I would be able to teach children like that one summer. Little did I know what God already had planned. The next year I was a sophomore at Columbia Bible College, one of my friends was Angela Thomas from Charleston. We were just about out for the summer, in the midst of exams and all the end of the year craziness, when Ange asked me if I’d be interested in teaching out at Migrant camps on John’s Island. Her mom had been asked by Reverend Richard McQueen if Ange would be interested, and since she was unavailable and knew that I lived on John’s Island asked if I might be willing. It seems the person scheduled had bailed last minute and they were trying to find someone. But I know better!
Writing this now April 27, 2005, I can still remember being on Petty Hall like it was yesterday. I was not only willing – it was an answer to a prayer I’d forgotten that I prayed! So with little time to prepare and not knowing exactly what I was getting into, I began what would become the most fulfilling, difficult, heartbreaking, rewarding, joyful, sorrowful, love-filled, exciting summer days and nights : ) of my life. God so perfectly put it all together. It started with CBA, then my local church, Samaritan’s Purse after Hugo when I met Franklin Graham and eventually led to meeting Mr. Henry Meeuwse at James Island Presbyterian Foundation. Teaching children the powerful, life-changing Word of God gives me some of the greatest joy in my life. I also love the food, culture and language : ). The children and their families have become a very rich part of my life. I’m so thankful the other person was unable to go out that summer. I’m sure in God’s sovereignty He had something well suited to him for that summer, also. God’s love and control are boundless; I’m thankful He has given me the blessing of summers with so many wonderful people.

~ So there it is. That is how it began in 1987 as a seed, and then in 1988 as a dream fulfilled.