Friday, July 18, 2008

PASSING IT ON


Thank you Peggy. You are such a sweet spirited woman. No pretentiousness or sappy false flattery. You share your heart so easily making yourself so vulnerable to a world that has not been so kind to you. Thank you for the award and I am honored to pass it on. I'm not a professional blogger as so many are. I'm amazed at how so many mothers of young children have the time or energy to put so much time into their blogs. I can't seem to even keep up with updates : ).


Arte y Pico - This is the site that originated this award and though I don't know if this woman from Uruguay is a believer, I've read her desire for beginning this and was touched.


I do believe that we as Christians should be the most creative of all as our Father is THE Creator : )! With that in mind, it is good to appreciate those who take the time to try to express that creativity in their own way. These sites, though each for a different reason are my choices in passing on the "award" hoping they will bless.

1) Mary's Painting A Day If you visit, there will be no doubt about why this site shines with God's gifting of this woman's artistic ability.

2) Fiesta Forever This young lady keeps her backgrounds lively and interesting. Her heart for missions and fun brought this site to mind.

3) Mazes, Messes, Miracles and aMazing Grace Peggy is Amazing in the time and energy she puts into every post. Colors, photos, verses, constant words of encouragement make her site an obvious choice.

4) Never Alone This woman's testimony in itself is reason to visit this site. Her choice of words tell of the love of Jesus Christ and His passionate pursuit of His creation.

5) Especially Heather These are definitely not in any order! This site has made me cry several times. This woman is unbelievable! If you can go to this site - and not see the power of God worked out in the life of a person - see the grace of Jesus in operation, whew, then - well I just don't know where you will.



The official instructions follow:

1) You have to pick 5 blogs that you consider deserve this award, creativity, design, interesting material, and also contributes to the blogger community, no matter of language.
2) Each award has to have the name of the author and also a link to his or her blog to be visited by everyone.
3) Each award-winner, has to show the award and put the name and link to the blog that has given her or him the award itself.
4) Award-winner and the one who has given the prize have to show the link of "Arte y pico" blog , so everyone will know the origin of this award.
5) To show these rules. Post the rules!
Publicado por Eseya, Muñecas con historia

1 comment:

Peggy said...

GOD BLESS YOU mi amiga...con lagrimas...you bless me so much Paulette...Beautiful words and thank you so much! Bless you for choosing Especially Heather! You know I love how she encourages us in our walk...the others I don't know...but I will soon...#3 especially...she needs encouragement..she has a special friend that needs PRAYERS so she & a wonderful gramma can be reunited and live out their time in LOVE:)
I am so impressed!
You are right about OUR CREATOR & we should be creative as you have been with the SUMMER BLESSINGS and these very precious migrant children that are so blessed by You and Jack! People need to see with a heart like YOURS for others.
How you can serve as a missionary right near your own backyard just reach out and make Jesus your daily mission like Paulette & James Island Pres. Foundation!Each one must reach one for Jesus and that's what this beautiful Paulette does...I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ for it is the power of salvation...You, my friend have lived this out with the children that surround your life and you touch them in Jesus Name and I thank YOU for giving and giving! Pass on this love!
Be blessed and may blessings bring you your heart's desire and a miracle at this moment for YOU!
SIGA con muchas bendiciones y mas prosperidad y que Dios te bendiga y vaya contigo en todos partes y todos tiempos y con esa persona tan importante...abuelita!! Amen.

THE STORY "How It All Began"

 *Photobucket *                                         * Photobucket*  Here is the story of how it first started. This was written a few years ago for a mission fair at JIPC. Since it was already written there really is no reason to re-do it : ). Jack was not in the picture then so he is not included in this story, but his entrance onto the scene is a story for another time : ). The following is the text from years ago:


In the summer of 1987, I went out with Stono Baptist Church to Jenkin’s camp. There were a guy and girl taking out groups from the Charleston Baptist Association. Immediately, my heart jumped inside when I saw the little children and their excitement to learn. By the end of the time, I saw that not much was made of the wide door of opportunity and was sad. But my prayer then was that I would be able to teach children like that one summer. Little did I know what God already had planned. The next year I was a sophomore at Columbia Bible College, one of my friends was Angela Thomas from Charleston. We were just about out for the summer, in the midst of exams and all the end of the year craziness, when Ange asked me if I’d be interested in teaching out at Migrant camps on John’s Island. Her mom had been asked by Reverend Richard McQueen if Ange would be interested, and since she was unavailable and knew that I lived on John’s Island asked if I might be willing. It seems the person scheduled had bailed last minute and they were trying to find someone. But I know better!
Writing this now April 27, 2005, I can still remember being on Petty Hall like it was yesterday. I was not only willing – it was an answer to a prayer I’d forgotten that I prayed! So with little time to prepare and not knowing exactly what I was getting into, I began what would become the most fulfilling, difficult, heartbreaking, rewarding, joyful, sorrowful, love-filled, exciting summer days and nights : ) of my life. God so perfectly put it all together. It started with CBA, then my local church, Samaritan’s Purse after Hugo when I met Franklin Graham and eventually led to meeting Mr. Henry Meeuwse at James Island Presbyterian Foundation. Teaching children the powerful, life-changing Word of God gives me some of the greatest joy in my life. I also love the food, culture and language : ). The children and their families have become a very rich part of my life. I’m so thankful the other person was unable to go out that summer. I’m sure in God’s sovereignty He had something well suited to him for that summer, also. God’s love and control are boundless; I’m thankful He has given me the blessing of summers with so many wonderful people.

~ So there it is. That is how it began in 1987 as a seed, and then in 1988 as a dream fulfilled.